👨🏻🏫 WHAT I’LL LEARNED IN THIS TEXT 🙄
🏃🏻💨 29 action verbs
✍🏻 20 vocabulary words to master
📈 Level of complexity 2️⃣ / 6️⃣ (A2)
📑 Grammar Points:
• THERE BE
• BE ABLE TO
🗣️🎙️ Audio recorded by Eduardo Souto
THE WIND🍃 AND THE SUN ☀️
One day there was an argument between the wind and the sun. Both said they were stronger than the other. They saw a man traveling on the road and decided to make a test to see which was stronger and able to get the man’s coat off.
The wind began to blow and blow very hard. He nearly ripped the coat from the man’s back but the man grabbed the coat and wrapped it even more tightly around himself and kept going. The wind got tired because the man just kept his coat on.
Then the sun tried. He shone brightly and the clouds disappeared. Soon the air was warm and dry and the sun kept on shining. Soon the man had sweat running down his face. He was so hot that he finally took off his coat and carried it, looking for a shady spot to rest.
✍🏻 GLOSSARY 📔
ARGUMENT – discussão
WIND – vento
SUN – sol
STRONGER – mais forte
WHICH – qual (quando há opção de escolha)
ABLE TO – capaz de
BLOW – soprar
NEARLY – por pouco / por um triz
RIPPED – arrancou
GRABBED – agarrou / segurou
WRAPPED – embrulhou / enrolou
TIGHTLY – firmemente
GOT TIRED – se cansou / ficou cansado
SHONE – brilhou
BRIGHTLY – intensamente (luz)
WARM – abafado
DRY – seco
SWEAT – suor
RUN DOWN – escorrer
SHADY – escuro (com sombra)
📝 ANSWER THE QUESTIONS 📝
- Who was the winner?
- Why did the wind get tired?
- How was the weather when the sun started shining?
- What did they want to prove?
- What did the sun do to take off the man’s coat?
- Who is the strongest between the sun and the wind?
- Where did the man go to rest?
- When did the argument start?
- How many characters were there in the story?
- How much time did it take to take off the man’s coat?